A brief reminder for visiting pilots:
All aircraft must do a standard overhead join at 1800 feet above aerodrome level and a full visual circuit before landing, making blind transmissions as appropriate on 130.705, as there may be people on the runway/airfield.
- Look out for any non-radio aircraft that may be in the circuit.
- Give way to and stay well clear of any aircraft that are performing practice displays, aerobatics or formation flights overhead the airfield.
- Confine all manoeuvring to the mown runways and taxiways.
Only Runway 02/20 is available to visiting aircraft. Please note that all other runways may be in use by resident aircraft and must be kept clear.
- Runway 02 is a Right-Hand circuit.
- Runway 20 is a Left-Hand circuit.
- College Road (a private road), which crosses the airfield has now been permanently closed and the full length of the runway is available (799m). However, pilots should be alert for pedestrians and cyclists still crossing at this point due to ‘custom and practice’.
- The transition across the old College road is good on the runway portion but care is required when crossing the road on the taxiway.
Parking and Signing in
When you have landed please park clear of ALL the runways (for parking see airfield diagram below) and sign in using Booking-in sheet in wooden hut behind the fuel kiosk (mandatory).
A landing fee of £10 per aircraft applies and an honesty box provided when signing in. If you have no cash you may pay by card in the Collection shop.
Shuttleworth has COVID-19 measures in place to keep our visitors and staff as safe as possible – please read before visiting.
The site and airfield closes to visitors at 1800hrs Local.
Pay at the pumps, self-service fuel UL91 and 100LL available during site opening hours. The pumps accept all major credit and debit cards.
Onsite is the world famous Shuttleworth Collection of airworthy vintage aircraft and working vehicles, Regency Swiss Garden and the Shuttleworth House – a grade ll* Victorian mansion. Also on-site we have a large children’s play area, the Woodland and Shrubbery Walks, Summer House and Lakeside Parkland. 60 acres in all!
The landing fee grants you and you passengers free access to the attractions (normal fee is £15 per adult) on non-event days. However, we do ask you make an additional donation in the Collection shop for your passengers if you have come to visit the attractions
The Café and Gift Shop are open and there are plenty of tables and chairs to sit at inside and outside. Currently the Shop and Café take card payment only.