Sunday, 25 July 2021:
As at 7th July 2021 The full length (799m) of the runway 02/20 is now available. The old College Road crossing the runway is now permanently closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic but remains physically in place for the time being. However, pilots should be alert for pedestrians and cyclists still crossing at this point due to ‘custom and practice’. The transition across the old College road is good on the runway portion but care is required when crossing the road on the taxiway.
Please Note: The airfield is closed to all visiting aircraft on 24th and 25th July due to a Model flying event and therefore PPR is not available for those two days
Please ensure you also check the latest NOTAMs for Old Warden on the NATS-EAD website.
When PPR is granted it is for an aircraft to carry out one landing on arrival and one take-off on departure. It is not permission to carry out multiple flights to and from the airfield or touch and go’s, circuits, training etc. Naturally this does not apply to go-arounds and aborted take-offs carried out for safety reasons.
When filling in the form below please note:
- You can only PPR up to 24hrs in advance on non-event days.
- You will be asked to select a nominal arrival time. If you cannot make your nominal arrival time then it is not necessary to re-book as long as your arrival is on the same day, during operating hours.
- If no slots are available then either, the airfield is at capacity or it is an Event day (see PPR Event Booking tab above), or the airfield has been temporally closed and PPR is unavailable.
- When you have completed the process an email will be sent confirming the permission to the address provided. If you are unable to come then please cancel your booking through the link provided in the email as soon as practical so that others may use your slot.
- If your journey originates from outside of the UK you must submit a GAR General Aviation Report and include the GAR reference number in the field provided.
- If you cannot use the automated system or you wish to request overnight parking then please call General enquiries on 01767 627901.
- Please note: If you do not receive a confirmation email for your booking please check your clients’ junk/spam folder before calling.
Please check your spam or junk folder for the confirmation email and add it to your safe senders list for future bookings.